Friday, December 31, 2010

During 2009, I decided to keep track of the books I read.  I've always loved books and immersing myself within the worlds created within them, but a few years ago I realized I was barely reading any.  After a job change, which brought with it less hours spent working, I realized I wanted to spend that "extra" time wisely.  What better way than to pick up a hobby that I had been neglecting.  That job change occurred mid year in 2008 and an increase in reading commenced for the remainder of the year.  I did not keep track of the books I read then and at the end of 2008 I thought that would be a interesting list to make for 2009.  Sort of a resolution but one at which I could not really fail.  The number of books I read in 2009 totaled 40.  I didn't think that was half bad, but I realized that meant I had merely read one book every week and a half.  For someone who professed herself to be a reader, that didn't seem like much.  As 2010 loomed before me, I wondered if I could read 52 books in the coming year.  A book a week for a year.  So for the first time in many years, I set a resolution for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment